Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Long overdue update

Well, it certainly has been awhile. I have seriously slacked on the blog front for quite awhile.

In my defense, the Mister has his woodworking business full time now and that has been quite an adjustment. We started in the fall of last year, which is never a good time to start a carpentry business, but we made it through the winter and have been busy ever since the spring.

We are just now starting to settle into a routine and getting used to self employment. (even though I still have a full time job) I am in charge of clerical duties..... a never ending job :) As anyone who is self employed knows, it is all- encompassing. It is very satisfying though, and hopefully one day soon I can follow suit.

I had a great birthday in April......

  The Mister got me this great taxidermy bat.....


 Then (because I am a true child of the seventies, raised on fondue) off to the Melting Pot....... yum!


 And more cheesy birthday entertainment on the weekend with some Medieval Times :)


 I had never been and I decided that this must be rectified. I even caught the flower from the green knight!! :)


 I got my swag from my Kickstarter donation to the book No Slam Dancing No Stage Diving No Spikes - an oral history of ’80s-era alternative, metal and punk rock music told through the portal of one club – Trenton, New Jersey’s legendary City Gardens.
Which I'm still reading since I'm so busy ;)


Spent allot of time in the garden.... unloading 2 dump trucks of mulch, building some rock walls, a dry riverbed and some bush planting..... more on that another time.


Even carved out some time for some nature walks......

So that gets us up to June......  now I need to go write up some estimates for customers. Here's to getting it all done while still finding finding balance in life......


♥jenny





No comments:

Post a Comment