Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Lamb Cake

    So this winter I was introduced to one of my favorite blogs, No Pattern Required. I especially love the Mid-Century Menu section. This is where I developed a mild obsession with Lamb Cakes. I Googled images and recipes all winter just waiting for Easter.

    My vintage pan arrived from E-Bay and I was giddy with excitement. I narrowed it down to a couple recipes that I thought I would use until over at Mid-Century Menu I found what Retro Ruth rated as an excellent cake. I had to try it!

So on Easter Eve I began.....

 It is a more involved cake mix, but I was ready....mixer in hand I battled the careful pan greasing and flouring....folded in my egg whites....


No bakery twine to be had, my better half wired my pan together as only a husband with great MacGuyver skills can...


And.....perfection. The cake popped out of the pan beautifully. It literally couldn't have been better.


Ta-Da!!! Oh joy. My little Lambie all ready for Easter!


As an Easter Lamb Cake virgin I must say I am hooked. My family was super impressed and the cake was FANTASTIC. This truly is an excellent cake recipe. Thank you Retro Ruth for the inspiration and for bringing us the fabulous recipe from one of your readers.

Until next Easter....
♥jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment