Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lucy the elephant

I have developed a real liking for elephants over the years. I think it must have something to do with the fact that my grandmother LOVES them....:)

Because of this and the fact that I have been feeling as though there are so many cool things in my little state that I have yet to go see and experience, I decided to take a trip down to Margate NJ to see Lucy the elephant.

Aaahhhh..... there she was... staring majestically out to sea. The oldest example of Zoomorphic Architecture.



              She sure is big!


 She has a cute little tongue....




And even toenails!!!!


                It is a tight squeeze up and down some pretty cool turn of the century stairs :)

                                                               Boy what a view!!


I highly recommend a visit to New Jersey's only elephant building. The people who take care of her and saved her from the wrecking ball in the 70's deserve  all our appreciation (and donations) for saving such an amazing work of art and truly unique piece of history in this state.

lucytheelephant.com


♥jenny



No comments:

Post a Comment