Saturday, October 20, 2012

Maker Faire NYC 2012

YAY!!!!

Maker Faire......A two-day, family-friendly festival of invention, creativity and resourcefulness, and a celebration of the Maker movement.

If you have never been to a Maker Faire I strongly recommend going. This is the second time I have made it to the NYC Maker Faire and it was AWESOME!


This was especially neat-o.

A Woman converted an RV to a moblie park. How cool is that??







What an awesome place to sit and relax.....

So creative!



There are so many cool exhibits from some super creative people.
This is the Hall of Science building. I have always loved it. The building was part of the 1964 World's fair and all those little rectangles are blue glass. Sadly, I forgot to take a picture. Maybe next year :)




These are a collection of some antique patent application models.





Check out the 'coffin with a window" in the photo above. I was totally geeking out on these.
Adult rides. Who doesn't like a little danger :)


Aaaaand.......
The Coke Zero - Mentos Fountains!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently Coke + Mentos = Geysers. It was so fun I watched it twice :)


Brought to you from the guys at EepyBird.com.
If you have never been to the site. GO NOW. They are too cool!






Next..... the Life Size Mouse Trap Game.....



Using bowling balls ;)


Too cool for words. Instead of catching a mouse, it crushes a car..... :-)

(see first photo)



There were lots of crafting booths for kids, like make your own soap with little toys in it.













One of my favorite things every year..... 
The Maker - Bot 3D printers!!!!






I geek out a LONG time over these.
Everyone makes such cool things!!




There are also lots of great crafters with all kinds of green and upcycled creations.


And Finally the food!! I can not express enough how great all the food vendors are. There are amazing organic, vegan and vegetarian options for everyone.

This is my personal fav. The Treats Truck.
Oh. My. God. Can this girl bake. I was a total piggy. Got cookies at 10:30 AM. Really??? Couldn't even wait till after lunch.....and a stash for later on our way out the door.

One day I hope to make it to the Bay Area Maker Faire. It is the original one and I imagine it to be even more awesome :)

Mark your calenders for next year kiddies!!!
♥jenny




No comments:

Post a Comment