Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday Favorites..... Films!

Hey there!
I'm going to try my hand at Friday Favorites, but I'm gonna do something different...... Movies!!!

I love movies. Any time I sit down to veg in front of the t.v. I always look for a movie first. I like 'em all...... indie, action, drama, comedy, musicals..... even horror, though I have to usually work myself up to it ;)

So without further adieu.....


via Wikipedia
There are so many movies I love but I thought I would start with one I just watched.

Set in 1987, it is a coming of age drama/ comedy about a troubled promiscuous girl who befriends her withdrawn gay classmate. They end up stealing his homophobic father's car and driving cross country with their flour sack baby from health class so she can find her birth father. Plenty of requisite antics ensue.

via weinsteinco.com
 It didn't get great reviews, but I really loved this movie and I absolutely think it's worth watching. Being an 80's teen I am always up for anything set in that time frame. Add a road trip and a GBFF and I'm in. I thought it was a funny, delightful film about to people  battling their insecurities in very different ways.

Overall I think this is an underrated quirky film with a great soundtrack.

What are some of your fav's?
♥jenny






No comments:

Post a Comment