Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Friday Favorites..... Films! Moonrise Kingdom

This week is a new addition to my top 10 favorite movies. Moonrise Kingdom.

Oh, how I love this movie!!!!


I missed it in the theater so I saw it as soon as I came out to rent. I bought it shortly thereafter. Lately it has been on cable and I think I have watched it ten times in the last month ;)



Synopsis:
Set on an island off the coast of New England in the summer of 1965, Moonrise Kingdom tells the story of two twelve-year-olds who fall in love, make a secret pact, and run away together into the wilderness. As various authorities try to hunt them down, a violent storm is brewing off-shore -- and the peaceful island community is turned upside down in more ways than anyone can handle. Bruce Willis plays the local sheriff. Edward Norton is a Khaki Scout troop leader. Bill Murray and Frances McDormand portray the young girl's parents. The cast also includes Tilda Swinton, Jason Schwartzman, and Jared Gilman and Kara Hayward as the boy and girl. -- (C) Focus Features


 Moonrise Kingdom, How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.....

1. Visual Perfection. I literally want to live in this movie.
2. Bill Murray. enough said.
3. Killer soundtrack.... the music truly compliments the movie.
4. A funny, heartfelt dreamworld.
5. The whole cast is  impeccable.




I like all the Wes Anderson films.... even Life Aquatic and Darjeeling Limited, which both get some flack. This one just might be edging out The Royal Tannenbaums  for my favorite ;)


 If you haven't seen it yet, put it at the top of your list..... you won't regret it :)



Watch more movies!
 ♥jenny



No comments:

Post a Comment